A couple of weeks ago I shared with my Instagram followers that I wanted to bake something, I just didn’t know what to bake. There was a lot of really great ideas, the one that came up often was peach pie. Peaches, being in season, made the decision very easy and I have always wanted to create my own peach pie recipe. I didn’t just want to make a regular pie, I wanted to make something that had fall feels and was super cute. I didn’t want to be basic and make a regular pie, that is why I decided to take this peach pie recipe and down size it to make mini peach pies!
Lets start of by saying this was probably the first thing I have ever baked
from scratch… well let’s be honest. I actually did try and make it all from scratch, unfortunately, the dough was a FAIL. The dough alone took me a whole morning to make. When the pies came out it was nothing special… the dough just wasn’t there. Maybe it was the recipe I used or maybe it was me, who knows!
For my second attempt at the pies, I decided to go with a WAY easier route… pre-made dough. This was the best thing I could of ever done. It cut down the time by A LOT and the filling is super easy. I only used three ingredients.
This is such a great recipe if you are looking to bring something for a housewarming or wanting to impress a guest. It takes about 45 minutes (all in) and is sure to be the talked about at your next party. Who doesn’t love mini pies, specially if they have a super cute crust!
HOW TO MAKE THIS FRESH PEACH PIE RECIPE
- I started of by pre-heating the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven was heating up I started to mix up the peach filling. I cut the peaches into small pieces and mixed it with honey and brown sugar.
- Next I rolled out the store bought raw pie crust and cut it to fit the muffin tin. The muffin tin I used it bigger then your regular muffin tin. I wanted something that was large enough that I could play around with the crust topping but smaller then a regular pie dish. I used a large mug that I have to cut the crust with. After I cut the six pie crusts I placed them in the mold.
- By the time that I was done placing the raw dough in the tin, the oven had pre-heated and the baking could commence.
- While the pie crust was cooking (15 minutes) I started on my top crust decoration. There are so many gorgeous pie decorations out there that I had to try. I bought these flowers, leafs and heart cookie cutter in one package from Amazon. Roses are a MUST when possible, so I bought a rose cutter to put some roses on the mini pies. The cookie cutters made the job so much easier. While the pie crust was cooking I was cutting the shapes I wanted as a topping.
- After when the pie crust was cooked I put the peach filling inside and topped it with my crust decorations.
- Baked it for another 15 minutes and voilà it’s done.
EASY PEACH PIE RECIPE
Mini Peach Pie Recipe
This mini peach pie recipe is sure to impress your guest and it takes less than an hour to make!
- 2 whole peaches
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 pie crust (store bought)
While the open is preheating, start to mix the pie filling. Cut the two peaches and mix with the honey and brown sugar. Set aside once complete.
Take out the raw pie crusts and start cutting them (I used a large mug) to fit into the muffin tin.
Once complete put them in the oven for 15 minutes.
While the pie crusts are in the oven, go crazy and play around with your toppings.
Once the crusts are done baking, take them out and add the peach filling and toppings to the crusts.
Bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
The second attempt went so much smoother and they taste so so good!
If you want a main dish idea for your next party make sure to check out my vegan plantain tacos. You can pre-make most of the ingredients and put it all together the day of. You can even have a taco station and your guest can put it all together themselves.
THIS MINI PEACH PIE RECIPE IS TOTALLY FREEZABLE!
I am a huge believer of making and freezing to have for later, the answer is YES, you can freeze this peach pie recipe. You can freeze the entire pie for up to several months. Of course the consistency wont be as good as the fresh pie, but it will still be super tasty!
A trick to maintain high quality when you are planning to freeze these pies, is to leave it slightly under cooked, so when you pull it out of the freezer you can finish baking it and bring back some of that freshness. The mini pies make it really easy to wrap individually in foil to freeze. When you are feeling that pie sweet tooth again, ensure that the pie has the opportunity to fully thaw at room temperature (2-3 hours), then you just need to pop it back in the oven at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes!
For more pie decoration crust inspiration ideas make sure to have a look at NoBiggie‘s blog where she showcases 25+ decorative pie crust ideas. You will want to make them all! There are so many amazing designs.